Theatre education at 百老汇平台网址 enables students to develop intellectually by exp和ing their capacities
for creative thought 和 expression, 和 by encouraging critical thinking skills. Participation both on 和 off stage
fosters self-confidence, 个人成长, 和 a variety of skills that are transferable to a wide range of careers.
在圣. 莫妮卡学院, dramatic plays 和 presentations are a very important part of the curricular 和 co-curricular activities. They complement the classical curriculum on a number of levels—in the development of memorization 和 rhetorical skills, 和 in making the historical material 和 literature the students are studying more real to them. Grade school students perform several skits 和 presentations throughout each school year beginning with Gr和parents’ 和 Special Friends’ Day in early fall, followed by each student choosing a saint to portray on All Saints’ Day, as well as by participating in the Christmas Pageant 和 in the living Stations of the Cross before Easter break. In addition to these annual events, students participate in a number of other presentations each year which change depending upon the course of study.
The opportunities for performance during the grade school years prepare students for the annual high school play. Past plays have included 莎士比亚的 As You Like It, 第十二夜, A Midsummer’s Night Dream, The Merry Wives of Windsor, The Merchant of Venice, Much Ado 百老汇平台网址 Nothing, 和 The Comedy of Errors. While all of our students study Shakespeare in their high school literature classes, it is only through performance that they assimilate his true genius.
百老汇平台网址 Performing Arts
2023-2024 Theater Season
On a tropical isl和 in the maelstrom of World War II, 海军突击队员,天真的护士, 和 a French exile find love 和 face their demons.
支持: 2 female, 3 male, 2 children
整体: medium size, light dancing.
Download Audition Music Here:
Individual singing auditions only
Grade 2, 3, 5 试镜:
2nd & 3rd grade girls 和 boys 和 五年级女生
are invited to audition for the parts of the children!
Individual singing auditions only
选项1: ANY SONG of your choice. (Unaccompanied or bring a speaker to play canned
选项2: Choose a song from the show in your vocal range. (A pianist will be there to play
the accompaniment for you).
1. Songs from the show are available in different keys. 请发邮件给. Paula Grimm to request a different key. email@example.com
2. The cast size is limited. Auditioning does not guarantee membership in the cast.
3. 可悲的是, our school has grown to the point that we are unable to invite 8th graders to join the high school play.
If more auditioning is needed, a callback will be scheduled.
Actors who are called back will receive email notification.
Fridays 2:45-5:45pm, Saturdays 9:00am-1:00pm; starting March 8th
请注意: By special arrangement with the Athletic Director, baseball players may attend
play practices on Fridays. Few or no games will be scheduled on Fridays.
- Lack of preparation indicates a low level of commitment or desire for a role. Conversely, a well-prepared audition speaks volumes. Good preparation means memorizing the material 和 crafting it to include a beginning, 顶点和终点. Excellent preparation includes reading the play 和 knowing for which characters you want to be considered.
- Smile at the auditors 和 thank them at the end for taking the time to hear your audition.
- Bonus: Dress appropriately.
- Choose clothes from your wardrobe that evoke your character without being “costumey”. You want to aid the director’s imagination.
- Do take a few moments to get into character after your initial conversation with the director.
- Don’t worry about looking nervous. Everyone is nervous in an audition!
- 一定要面对导演. It helps the directors see your expressions more clearly. (Don’t look right into the auditors’ eyes, but in their direction).